At St Mary Abbots we believe that a school uniform encourages the children to take pride in their appearance. Whilst making life easier for parents as it removes the daily problem as to what the children should wear to school. It also gives the children a sense of belonging and when on school trips makes them easy to identify.
Please ensure that clothes are marked clearly with the child’s name (including footwear). Children wearing wellington boots in wet or bad weather should bring their school shoes with them to change into while indoors.
All uniform with the school logo is available from School Uniform Direct. Other items of uniform are readily available from high-street shops.
- Plain white polo shirt – short or long sleeved, no frills
- Grey trousers, grey pinafore dress, grey skirt or grey shorts (dresses, skirts and shorts should be just above the knee)
- School logo sweatshirt
- Grey or navy socks or navy tights (no white socks)
- Black or navy shoes
- Jackets – navy blue with the school logo
- Coat – child’s own coat
- Summer Term option – Blue & white checked dress with school logo cardigan (only)
& white socks
- White shorts & white T-shirt with the school logo
- Plain navy tracksuit
- Trainers or black plimsolls
Hair Accessories and Earrings
These must be kept plain and simple. Large hair accessories are not allowed in school. Only stud earrings are permitted.
Changing in School
Should your child require a change of clothes whilst at school, he or she will be provided with uniform from the second-hand cupboard. We ask that parents return this clothing to the school as soon as possible, freshly laundered and ironed.
Any items of lost clothing may be found in the lost property box which is located downstairs, outside the Dining Room.
FOSMAS regularly hold second hand uniform sales – please check their website for upcoming dates.